Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wow!

December 18, 2009 marked the year anniversary of my Dad's passing. The date hadn't been discussed in the house all that much, even though it weighed heavy on my mind. That morning, as I was getting ready for work, Tyler came into my bathroom crying and said he'd had a scary dream. He told me part of his dream (something about thorns chasing him) and then said that in the beginning of the dream Grandpa Mike was there. He told me that Grandpa Mike came to him to say that he loved him, he missed him, and that he hoped he had a very Merry Christmas. Then he started to cry. We hugged, and hugged, and hugged some more and I told him the importance of what the day was and how special it was that he was able to get a visit from Grandpa Mike. Wow.

1 comment:

Kelly DaCosta said...

I think anybody who goes through the pain of loosing someone so dear can only understand this kind of loss. My heart skips a beat everytime I think of my father. Next month I will be meeting another year gone with out him too. Sometimes I think if only I had one wish - it would be to have more time.