Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Roller Derby!

This past month Lucy told me that she wanted rollerskates for her birthday. I told her that we could go rollerskating at this place where I used to go as a kid. You know...these ancient ruins. We called Grandma Karla and asked her to join our adventure and we went to Sunrise Rollerland. That place (and some of the skates...as modeled by Lucy) haven't changed a bit. It was a real blast from the past! Here are the kids modeling their skates. We changed the skates to have tight wheels so that the kids had more control and could "walk" on the rink. Lucy did really well for her first time.
Tyler just took off on his own and did such a good job. I was really proud of him!The skates were about the only thing that has been upgraded at Sunrise Rollerland
Grandma Karla rocked it on the roller rink. The kids had fun skating with her!With my knee I probably skated as well as the kids, but we'll do better next time! And there will be a next time. Both kids have already asked when we can go again.

It is fun to get out and do new/old things with the kids! We will definitely try roller skating again. And, hey, maybe Lucy will even get those skates she asked for for her birthday.

1 comment:

Kara said...

It looks like you had so much fun. It's been so long since I've "skated".